Saturday, May 14, 2016

#FleaMarketFinds☺️

Another gem in Savannah: Keller's Flea Market...and it took me close to two years to set foot in it! 

(Not my picture)

This is by far the most satisfying flea market I've ever been to. Not only are the finds truly unique, but there's also a good number of vendors selling everything from tomatoes to antique furnitures. 
I am definitely coming back ASAP! 

Look at this antique shop located at a breezy walkway...

I love this handcarved trunk! 


I am no expert on antiques but this look very 19th century to me. The price tag said $575. Not bad...if it's indeed an antique. I found a similar trunk online for $3000!


The market is brimming with really cool stuff. Like this wooden toilet...


...and old-school cash register...


...eventually, my eyes landed on this really cool handpainted ceramic jar with gold trimmings on it. The bottom didn't say where it was made but there were Chinese characters written on it. It was priced at $40. I thought that it was too much for a jar, but I just couldn't let this one go. I imagined it on top of my empty kitchen cupboards and instantly liked what I was seeing in my mind. I walked around a little bit more and found another cool jar of similar height priced at $10. Luck must have been on my side because the guy selling them agreed to sell both jars for $20! In the end, I came home with 3 cool looking jars and paid only $25 for all of them. Look at this beauty!


And here are the other two I bought for $10:



These jars are now gracing the top of our cupboards, which is absolutely lovely since Jet and I are currently working on having a baaaaad kitchen! We just finished painting the walls and are now shopping for backsplashes. I think I want to put some bold and solid colored plates between these jars. Well, I guess I will be back at Keller's flea market soon! 😝

No comments:

Post a Comment