Sunday, March 27, 2016

The One Where I Was Flippin!

I love living in Pooler. Even though it's a small city, it's growth is evident all around--new stores, restaurants, and commercial and residential spaces. When we moved here almost two years ago, Ross had just opened and I had to drive 30 minutes if I want to go to the mall. Today, Tanger outlet is up and running, with H&M and Forever 21 slated to open next month. There's also a waterpark that opened last summer (although I haven't been there yet...nor will I. The idea of running into one of my students while in my swimsuit is not very appealing to me). I am not surprised when I learned that Pooler is considered as one of the fastest city in the state. 

But there are drawbacks to living in a developing city. Yesterday, for instance, our little crew trooped to the only Starbucks in Pooler. This particular Starbucks is jampacked with customer no matter what time of the day you come. While waiting for our order, I told Paul and Andrea that I am going to put up my own coffee shop just because the wait to get coffee at Starbucks Pooler is so terrible. And since we were on the topic of owning businesses, I also said that I will have my own shop where I will sell flipped furnitures. Paul then started coming up with crazy names to call our would-be furniture shop. He said he will call it Paul's, to which I said it has to be "catchy"...like Flippin' Lickin' Good. He sure thought I was the funniest person with that one. 

I was kidding with that ridiculous name, of course. However, the idea of flipping furnitures is rather appealing to me. Who knows? I might just have my own Flippin Lickin Good Furniture Store in the near future. Here's a project I am currently working on: 


I honestly do not know what to do with it yet. I just know that I hate it, but I would feel bad if I will throw it away. For certain I am going to paint it with I-don't-know-what color. The rain yesterday made me somewhat productive. I took the doors out of this night stand and sanded it.
A got a little bit of help from this guy. Too bad, he lost interest after sanding two doors:
Since this nightstand is made of laminate wood, I bought an adhesive primer. I am clueless in the hardware store so I just picked up the mid-range priced adhesive primer that I found. I didn't want to buy a cheap one for fear that I might not get the result that I wanted. Zinsser was priced at $9 at Walmart. Here's what the night stand looks like after a single coat of primer:


You might have noticed that I didn't prime the top. That's because I need to put some putty on that corner first since it had been scratched a lttle deep. All in all, I liked this primer. It was super adhesive! I am running to Home Depot tonight to get me some paints! 


No comments:

Post a Comment