Saturday, April 16, 2016

Birthday Weekend

Birthday weekend in photos. I will let the pictures tell the story.

The hotel I booked wasn't the greatest. Can't help it. Everyone seemed to be headed to Daytona the weekend of my birthday. But that view, though! 

Oh, hello there Mr. Sun! 😎

Sun, water, and sand...my kind of morning walk...

The wind was crazy and the air was chilly! I wasn't expecting that at all. But thanks to my obssessive-compulsive overpacking, we have hoodies and cardigans in our suitcase👍🏼


I'm sure there's a lot of beautiful beaches out there, but this side of my world, Daytona has got to be my happy place.


The mystery of why the hotels in Daytona were all fully booked and expensive the weekend of my birthday has been solved: National Cheerleading Championship, y'all! 

Because the water was chilly, we dared not swim. That's okay. There's a lot to keep us busy...like paint the horizon, maybe? (Who brings watercolor and paint brushes at the beach?? Only the self-proclaimed non-beach babe: Andrea).

 
Paul was content building a sandcastle...
...and playing catch with his dad. We also played frisbee. Paul and me versus Andrea and their dad. We won, of course.

After a quick shower and lunch, we headed downtown and checked out an art museum...

...went to NASCAR...

Andrea wanted to stop by a thrift store we passed by from the beach and she came out with this really cool art book. She snagged it for 99 cents! So the backseat convo turned dorky after that...Matisse, Warhol, Picasso🤓

After dinner, we headed back to the pier because Paul wants to play at the arcade. Andrea said she only wants for us to go to the photobooth, but after we did that, she started bugging Paul to give her some quarters so she too can play. Guess kids will be kids...

Thankfully, the weather was a whole lot better the next day! The sun was out and the air was just right. God really couldn't have done any better on my birthday☺️ It was perfect! Andrea and Paul made me pose for this: 


What better way to end our mini-vacay than a seafood birthday lunch overlooking the Atlantic Ocean...

And since my sister was busy with her graduate studies and couldn't join us, we went over to their house instead and joined them for dinner. My baby nephew and niece "baked" me a chocolate cake, which they helped me eat, too.


And that folks is how I celebrated the first day of my 3@th year on Earth😁
The best is yet to come! 👑









No comments:

Post a Comment