Sunday, April 3, 2016

The One Where I Was Flippin! Part 3

Aaand...Flipped Furniture Number 1 is stamped done! 

When Andrea realized what I was planning to do with this project and learned that I was going to paint it with gray and black, she said she wants it in her room and would use it as a sidetable. Hence, this furniture is going to be referred to as The Sidetable from here forth. 

I went to work at this sidetable as soon as I came home from work last Friday. Since I needed to wait in between coats of paint, I wasn't able to finish this until tonight. If you know me, patience is not my greatest virtue. So for this project to take 2 weeks to complete is a world record for me. It only shows how seriously I worked on this project. 

Jet was very supportive with my current obsession. For the most part, he left me alone to work on this sidetable (he usually watches me like a hawk when I am working on something. He has this habit of giving me unwanted advice especially when I am cooking. In MY kitchen. Go figure). 

Sure he supplied me with most of the stuff that I needed and gave comments here and there, but this project has my name written all over it! I'm glad Jet allowed me to play with his toolbox. If you know him, you know that that's a big deal (I only hope that I put everything where it was because I have no freakin idea what those tools are called. So if something goes missing later, I wouldn't have an idea what to look for).

Anyway, if I'm going to grade myself on this project, I'll give myself a B minus and and here's why:

1. I did a good job being patient. For real, I was waaay patient. Even when I was itching to grab the paint roller, I held on and waited until the primer had set in. I was really good at waiting this time! Also, I sanded in between primer and in between paint coats. That's something! 

2. I was ambitious and went two-toned with the side table. It was a mistake on my part. I shouldn't have done that. If you see splatters on the side, just think that at least I was ambitious.

I loved working on this project. It was really therapeutic for me. Last Saturday, the weather wasn't so good and rained almost all morning through late noon. Instead of taking a nap, which I normally do when I'm at home and it's raining, I decided to finish the side table. Armed with roller brush, paints, and sandpaper, I worked in silence in the garage. No music at all. Just my breathing and raindrops. It was quite relaxing.

So the big question is: How did it turn out? Look at the before and after. Again, please bear in mind that this was the first time I've done anything like this. Be less judgmental :)

Before: 


After:


So, yay? 



No comments:

Post a Comment